Sunday, June 3, 2012

0-2!

0-2 hurts, especially when the first two were at home.  I don't think I'm alone in saying that I'd almost rather lose convincingly than drop two in OT.  Overtime is random....let's face it.  The best team does not always win, nor does the best team in OT win the game.  One goal and you are done and here we sit now 0-2 and heading out west.  The mystique of this Kings team with their road dominance continues.  I hate to say it, but I almost get the sense that Quick is in the Devils' heads at this point.  Why we are not going high on him more often, I do not know, but he has been pretty solid.  Marty has been great too and bailed us out of good scoring chances.  Still, the Kings are getting the goal when it matters.  No one will remember or care who outplayed who in this final.  The final score tells the story and it's not a story I'm liking so far. 
I'm not saying it's over and it's FAR from over, but having the cup in our arms will be that much harder now.  We MUST rebound in game 3.  Zach and Kovy need to step up and make something happen and that power play needs to set up and re-open that passing clinic that was on display against our division rivals. ...and hit that open net like your life depended on it....*cough cough Fayne!  It's tough to bounce back from two heartbreaking OT losses, but this is where the resolve of the team will be most apparent.  Credit the Kings in two well-played games, but let's hope the hockey gods really do not want it to be their year! 
Monday can't come soon enough.  Let's GO Devils!

1 comment: