Saturday, May 5, 2012

Devils-Flyers

Every year, I just know it.  Inevitably, it always ends up as some kind of major playoff altercation between my wife's Giants and the Eagles or my Devils and the Flyers.  Last time around, it did not go so well for my Devils.  But this is a different season and a different team.  Up 2-1 in the series, I am cautiously optimistic and fully expecting a war until the end.  Game 4 tomorrow at the Rock should be another good one.  Each game takes me closer to that heart attack.  I changed my diaper twice in overtime in Game 3 with that BS boarding call and Salvador's puck over the boards.  Let's hope for less penalty kills and more power plays, especially with the game on the line.
In lighter news, it's almost comical to see all of the locals change their shirts from the currently sad red Phillies to the bandwagon inviting Orange Flyers.  Not that support is ever lacking around here for the Flyers, but when the playoffs are here, especially against the across-the-river rival, that bandwagon is chock full of fire.  I still have yet to witness an actual Devils fan in South Jersey other than myself, though I hear they are out there.
Until this series is over, I'll continue to bite my nails ferociously and continue to pass on my Orange juice in the morning.
Light that goal horn ablaze tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment